Congregationalism And Big Spring Congregational Church
Congregational came to America with the pilgrims. It is a simple method of church governance where each individual congregation owns their building and decided all issues pertaining to its operation through a democratic process.
Our little congregation began in June of 1866 when the pioneers in the village of Big Spring, named after the spring one half mile northwest of the church, formed an Ecclesiastical Society complete with strict rules of conduct and a preacher.
This Society was in fellowship with others in the state and became the Congregational Society.
Our building was built in 1875 and with God's grace our congregation has served its members and friends ever since.
We became a member of the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference in July 2014.